Please read the declaration below. The check boxes below represent your electronic acceptance and authorization.
Informed Consent and Acknowledgement
1. I abide by the rules and by-laws of Sunnybank Hills Hurricanes Basketball Club Inc and South West Metro Basketball Inc.;
2. I give permission to Sunnybank Hills Hurricanes Basketball Club Inc. to use my email address in a bulk mail which will be forwarded to other Hurricanes members for purposes of game notification and other relevant club information;
3. I or my child may be photographed and grant Hurricanes Basketball Club the right and permission to use and publish the photographs without limitation across all media sites (printed or electronic) for the promotion of Sunnybank Hills Hurricanes Basketball Club and I hereby release Sunnybank Hills Hurricanes Basketball Club from any and all liability from such use and publication;
4. I will be responsible for any damage to property and equipment caused by me or my child and pay for such damage on demand. In addition, should the failure of a player/parent failing to follow directions of officials lead to financial loss for the club, I understand I will be responsible for covering that financial loss.
5. I acknowledge that I am aware that there will only be limited times when a person qualified in First Aid is present.
6. I advise my child has the listed medical conditions (above) including allergies and warrant that my child is fit to play basketball and will notify the club should any new medical information become available.
Informed Consent and Acknowledgement
I hereby give my approval for my child’s participation in any and all activities prepared by Sunnybank Hills Hurricanes during the season. In exchange for the acceptance of said child’s candidacy by Sunnybank Hills Hurricanes, I assume all risk and hazards incidental to the conduct of the activities, and release, absolve and hold faultless Sunnybank Hills Hurricanes and all its respective officers, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for injuries to said child arising out of traveling to, participating in, or returning from selected camp sessions.
In case of injury to said child, I hereby waive all claims against Sunnybank Hills Hurricanes including all coaches and affiliates, all participants, sponsoring agencies, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event.
There is a risk of being injured that is inherent in all sports activities, including basketball. Some of these injuries include, but are not limited to, the risk of fractures, paralysis, or death.
Medical Release and Authorisation
As Parent and/or Guardian of the named athlete, I hereby authorise the diagnosis and treatment by a qualified and licensed medical professional, of the minor child, in the event of a medical emergency, which in the opinion of the attending medical professional, requires immediate attention to prevent further endangerment of the minor’s life, physical disfigurement, physical impairment, or other undue pain, suffering or discomfort, if delayed.
Permission is hereby granted to the attending physician to proceed with any medical or minor surgical treatment, x-ray examination and immunisations for the named athlete. In the event of an emergency arising out of serious illness, the need for major surgery, or significant accidental injury, I understand that every attempt will be made by the attending physician to contact me in the most expeditious way possible. This authorisation is granted only after a reasonable effort has been made to reach me.
Permission is also granted to the Sunnybank Hills Hurricanes and its affiliates including Directors, Coaches, and Team Parents to provide the needed emergency treatment prior to the child’s admission to the medical facility.
Release authorised on the dates and/or duration of the registered season.
This release is authorised and executed of my own free will, with the sole purpose of authorising medical treatment under emergency circumstances, for the protection of life and limb of the named minor child, in my absence.
BY ACKNOWLEDGING BELOW, I AM DELIVERING AN ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE THAT WILL HAVE THE SAME EFFECT AS AN ORIGINAL MANUAL PAPER SIGNATURE. THE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE WILL BE EQUALLY AS BINDING AS AN ORIGINAL MANUAL PAPER SIGNATURE.